The City Bank Limited
- The primary responsibility of this role is to identify systematic and non systematic risks associated with market/industry, develop covenants/tools/methods for mitigating the risks, structure credits in conformity with client`s capacity, visit customers and ensure compliance with regulations vis-à-vis bank`s Credit Policy Manual (CPM) and other policies in force. The role is also responsible for review and up gradation of existing internal policies, development of new policies/guidelines for internal purpose, credit model/tool development and process development initiatives. The incumbent is highly expected to adopt initiative for process improvement.
- 1) Risk identification and mitigation
- Evaluate credit proposals (client/borrower analysis, business/industry/market analysis, historical financial analysis, projected financial analysis, technical analysis, credit risk analysis. Environmental Risk Analysis etc) from both micro and macro economic point of view.
- Exercise all required due diligence to prepare the credit proposal and present the same before appropriate approval authority.
- Mitigate the identified risks with appropriate measures /initiatives i.e., taking collateral and/or other tangible/intangible securities (such as strong personal/corporate guarantees, incorporation of appropriate covenants).
- Mitigate regulatory risks with proper disclosures and collection of relevant applicable supporting documents.
- 2) Credit Structuring in light of internal & external regulations
- Structure credit matching with client’s business nature/need and capacity to serve the debt.
- Ensure credit structuring in line with bank’s credit policy, business policy documents and regulations in force.
- Ensure compliance of all regulatory norms/ guidelines
- Ensure compliance of Service Partner Agreement with SME business, by the team members and himself.
- 3) Monitor and follow up of approval covenants
- Portfolio monitoring to reduce PD, SMA, potential SMA / classification, EA accounts, deteriorating accounts, sales routine compliance etc.
- Ensure compliance of conditions/covenants/ regulations.
- Review of DP, Stock Inspection Report, repayment performance
- Identify additional covenants resulting from unsatisfactory transaction nature, arising out from any unforeseen risk, even before the next review date.
- 4) Ensure Portfolio follow up/performance
- Ensure adjustment/repayment of debts as per approval condition.
- Review compliance of the directed steps of Sales Routine towards regularization of overdue credits.
- Escalate reports on deteriorated relationships with detail information and recommend account strategy and rating to senior level for recovery measures.
- Ensure Early Alert reporting through identification of deteriorating sign at the initial stage
- Maintenance of own portfolio MIS and apropriate use of Loan Proposal Tracking System (LPTS) through making timely entry in LPTS with & proper update.
- 5) Prepare/upgrade internal process/policy & response to internal/external stakeholders
- Review and update existing internal process/ procedures/business policies/guidelines to provide better solutions to client/ Relationship Unit for facilitating a solid credit book.
- Ensure internal (Senior Management Audit Team) / external (Bangladesh bank) queries are addressed
- Ensure Process gap analysis, continuous development new initiatives, Knowledge sharing attitude, Initiatives for development of counterparts / services.
- Ensure completion of any projects effectively & efficiently.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- At least 6 year(s)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in related field is preferable
- In depth knowledge of applicable rules/regulations (including central bank’s guidelines/Bank Companies Act 1991) for credit approval and operational practices.
- Capacity to work under stress and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Adequate knowledge about financial markets products and services.
- Strong understanding of balance sheet management, financial ratios and rules.
- Excellent team player with strong communication skills.
- Interpersonal and excellent negotiation skills.
- Sound understanding in Accounting, Finance and Economics.
- Ability to relate different both national and global micro and macro economic indicators with the business of individual client, bank’s sectoral appetite, impact on asset book etc.
- Must have up-to-date information about economy, market and industry
- Proactive and dedicated towards solutions
- Decisive and aspiration for continuous development
- Sound ethical standard and amicable personality
- Aspiration for learning and out-of-box thinking
Bogura, Chattogram Division, Jashore
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Provident fund
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Manager/ Sr. Manager SME Risk, Credit Risk Management